Adding Gifs to your posts
< 5 Sep 2015>
This is my first gif ever and I’m really excited about how easy it is.
I was on codenewbie’s slack and found a really cool desktop window to gif app through @nadiab.
I was actually looking at her post on Git/GitHub and saw how easy it was to follow with the gif videos.
Here are some things I like about using gifs:
- it’s basically treated similar to an image file.
- it has dynamic movement with out much work.
- it’s great for code snippets and tutoring.
Some things to consider:
- keep in mind the size of the file, higher frame rates mean larger files.
- it may be a hefty download time if there are many gifs on a page.
- I’m not too sure about browser support.
I’m looking forward to adding these gifs in tutorials and stuff.
What are your thoughts on gifs?