Next page Page 1 of 4
<18 May 2016>
- How to learn quickly
Set specifically what you want to do
- Get specific to minimize the goal at hand
- ie, I want to code a calculator program
- ie, I want to order food at a French restaurant totally in French
- Application: For Lindsey,...
<17 Feb 2016>
Just Finished with the DevWeek Hiring Mixer
Man it was AWESOME! I was really apprehensive at first because I don’t have much confidence in my skill at the moment, but going there has smashed all my apprehension and I’m more excited to get shit done...
< 8 Feb 2016>
I’m learning to code and I’ve been working on learning Rails for a couple years. It’s been a great experience, but now is the time where I actually try to find a job.
One thing I can say is “The scariest thing is thinking that coding skill is something...
< 8 Feb 2016>
Remove Argument-Order Dependencies
- Isolate Multiparameter Initialization
module SomeFramework class Gear attr_reader :chainring, :cog, :wheel def initialize(chainring, cog, wheel) @chainring = chainring ...
<31 Jan 2016>
<28 Jan 2016>
Ch 2 Summary “Designing Classes with a Single Responsibility
- Keep Class Structure simple
- do something Right Now (this easy), but Change Later (this is hard)
Deciding what belongs in a class
Organization is difficult...
<25 Jan 2016>
Stolen from Pragmatic Thinking and Learning. Please buy the book, it’s awesome.
Recipes from Pragmatic Thinking and Learning
- Always consider the context.
- Use rules for novices, intuition for experts.
- Know what you don’t know.
- Learn by watching...
<22 Jan 2016>
Examples of procedural and object oriented featuristics presented. Procedural and OOP compared. Objects tend to have it’s own behavior and order of execution in contrast to procedural that’s executed more line by line.
<13 Jan 2016>
After my first developer interview, I had an “inspiration” to make a toy blog app to see if I could implement a News Feed feature where the News Feed would display the last six “things” I did.
Here’s my finished coding spike: https://newsfeed...
<14 Dec 2015>
Tea Leaf Academy Course 3 Lesson 6 Part 2
- This part of the lesson involves adding new videos for Admin actors (Admin roles were from lesson 6 part 1)
- It’s involved with AWS S3 accounts and carrierwave for file upload.